Amazon careers work from Home | Amazon Jobs in India | Amazon Jobs India work from Home
Company Name: Amazon
Salary Package; As per the Market Standards
Work Experience: no requirements
Job Location: india
Qualification Required: 10th
Amazon Business Mobile team is seeking a Software Development Manager to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers and product managers.
This is a great position for someone who can easily scale up and down their thinking architecturally to bring customer-centric solutions to market by intellectual leadership and influence on technology, product and business teams. You will be leading a significant piece of Transportation technology and will work on some of the initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of the network and solve some of the most challenging problems. You will regularly interact with Senior Leadership across the company and will be overall responsible for driving the technology vision and roadmap for services owned.
We are looking for Software Development Manager who is passionate about conceptualizing, building and operating massively scalable systems. You will be leading some of the smartest engineering teams and will be responsible for driving best practices and continuous improvements in operational and engineering excellence.
You will be part of a team that is responsible for all aspects of the customer experience – from the visual interface to the back end services. You will help redefine normal for this segment of the market. You will help translate business requirements to technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solutions that provide a delightful customer experience. You need to have strong sense of ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills.
Key job responsibilities
Manage overall software development life-cycle
• Create, prioritize, communicate, manage, and execute project plans, and commitments
• Delivery of quality applications on time and on budget.
• Develop and manage the group, conduct performance reviews of team members
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Work closely with Sr. Engineers and Team Leaders to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
• Foster culture of continuous engineering improvement through metrics
• Propose and implement new projects or recommend system improvements.
About the team
Amazon Business was launched in 2015 to meet the business needs of commercial, government, education and non-profit customers of all sizes worldwide. Today, AB is loved by customers in 9 countries worldwide using experiences designed for desktop, mobile, to smart shelves. In 2021, AB reached $25 billion in sales, remaining one of Amazon’s fastest-growing segments. And we’re just getting started.
A major channel how customers use Amazon Business is through their mobile devices. Our team is responsible for building the best shopping experience for business customers on mobile (Android and iOS), and accelerating the adoption of the Amazon mobile app.
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
* Strong Knowledge of professional engineering practices & best practices for the full life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Leading large, highly talented technology teams responsible for building and owning complex services.
* Delivery of highly available, highly reliable, near zero defect software.
* Inculcates a culture of Innovation and operational efficiency in India teams
* Influence, collaborate and communicate effectively with various leaders in Amazon.
* Hiring, growing and retaining a strong team keeping with the Amazon high bar.
Candidates for this role must have:
* Substantive experience building innovative, complex, software. Strong technical credentials, with at least 5+ years leading or managing software development teams, ideally with hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
* A record of hiring of strong technical and operations team members and leaders.
* Ability to coach and mentor engineers
* Ability to strive in a ownership based culture and passion for solving customer problems
* Strong technical leadership with excellent business acumen. Is right a lot and exercises good judgment in both technology and business situations.
* Willing to be deep dive technically and be a hands-on leader
* A strong customer focus and excellent expectation management abilities.
* Able to work with remote counter parts in other geographies and influence the right decision
* Proven record of innovation and thought leadership.
* Bachelor’s or a Masters Degree in Computer Science or the equivalent required. A MBA with an interest in leading large technology teams is a definite plus.
Professional traits that necessary for all senior technology leaders at Amazon:
* Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and work with engineering leaders to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
* Experience with a variety of development methodologies and mature understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each.
* Experience with enterprise software architecture, and development technologies including Java and relational databases
* Solid experience with Agile methods, Cloud based architectures, mobile technologies is a plus
* Experience with platforms, web services, APIs, cloud computing platforms and UX.
* Familiarity with security technology and concepts (Authentication, Authorization, Single sign-on, Cryptography, etc.)